DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!

Please take a moment to leave feedback for buyers and businesses you have dealt with. All complaints should be posted here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!

Post by Masked Man »

To be succinct,

I'm getting Grace back on the road and to this end I figured NOW would be the time to upgrade the suspension from tired old OEM to Bilstein sport shocks. Right, so I checked at Pelican ($652.xx) at Autohausz ($645.48) and I neglected to investigate further. (Yep, I'm an idiot) So, these are the prices for Turner Motor Sports ($554.xx) and BavAuto ($502.xx)

Folks? I don't have any experience with BavAuto but I'm guessing some of you do. I'd love to hear some feedback on their customer service. So yeah, I dropped $645 at Autohausz and THEN discovered the staggering difference, that's right, I overpaid $143.00 for the exact same parts.
I did contact Autohausz and wondered if they might extend a store credit of oh, $50 since they don't have a price match guarantee?? Not asking for a return of my $$ just a bit of an incentive to come back and understand, I think Pelican & Autohausz do pretty well especially for the harder to find bits but Autohausz declined to extend me a store credit. Well, CLEARLY shame on ME but all the same as I pointed out to them, these won't be the last parts I buy to restore Grace to her former glory and GOSH, I think I am dis-inclined to drop big bucks in their online store.

Keep the shiny side up

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit
redrumm3

Re: DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!

Post by redrumm3 »

I've been using BavAuto for years and have nothing but good things to say about them and their customer service. Their pricing is usually competitive, but I always price check before purchasing. I have never had any issues returning parts either.

Scott
Scott Collins
80 Euro 635csi Stratosblau/Parchment
Hefeweizen

Post by Hefeweizen »

Whenever I shop for car parts, I have a long list of suppliers bookmarked. I start with the first one and check the price, then I open the next and check the price. Whichever is more gets closed and I go on to the third one. Whomever is still open at the end is who gets my business. I do take shipping prices into consideration. Time consuming? Yes but I think it is worth it.
Rainer
03 330Xi (DD)
85 635CSi (RIP 3 May 19)
80 633CSi (Red Euro, Project)

"If you think a good European mechanic is expensive, try a bad one!"
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

Hefeweizen wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 pm Time consuming? Yes but I think it is worth it.
Absolutely. My time is "free" (retired) and dollars are tight. It's definitely worth whittling down to the supplier with the best price AND shipping.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

Bav Auto is first rate!
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
brickwhite

Post by brickwhite »

Yep, bav auto is good, they have good prices and a great return policy.

I also use FCPeuro for most of my maintenance parts for their lifetime warranty... Used it a many times no questions asked. They will take back brake pads and rotors.... shocks and even Airfilters if you want to bother.

I use RMeuropean if the other 2 have some crazy prices..

For clutches and parts that are all the same Rockauto Saving $$$$$ A sachs clutch kit is the same no matter where you get it.

If I need some off the wall Dealer only part it's Husker Parts Their OE prices are Great. Gas tanks, mufflers etc.
- 12 535i
- 92 325ic
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

Suggest you try this website to simplify the process: www.bmwpnpc.com It is bmw part number price comparison. If you check rockauto double check shipping as they use several warehouses and are clear on manufacturers' identification. Brand name however is no assurance of quality.
ken
Last edited by sansouci on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)
jps635
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jps635 »

Ken, this sounds too good to be true.

What's running in the background that enables it to do its thing from clicking on a part # in RealOEM?
'85 635csi JPS (RA2-66)
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

I don't really know but I suspect it has preprogrammed searches and just adds the pn from the search box.
They do take donations to keep it functional and are on my annual giving list with BC, Realoem and PNPC.
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)