Positive experience with Germany Auto Radio Repair (Los Angeles)

Please take a moment to leave feedback for buyers and businesses you have dealt with. All complaints should be posted here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

PTFunk

Positive experience with Germany Auto Radio Repair (Los Angeles)

Post by PTFunk »

For more time than I care to admit I had a non-functioning OEM radio, due to a couple problems (broken cassette mechanism, "crackly" volume knob, dead backlight). I finally decided to bite the bullet and get it fixed. I took a chance with a small shop in North Hollywood: Germany Auto Radio Repair (10544 W. Victory Blvd., 818-769-8919). They're a small, old-school mom & pop shop with no website... just some positive Google Maps reviews.

I talked to Hernan, who encouraged me to mail him the unit for inspection. Sure enough, he found the problems I anticipated and fixed them for what I considered to be a very reasonable overall cost ($200 incl. parts & return postage). The process took a little over a week incl. shipping. I'd recommend calling them if you have a radio issue that you can't resolve yourself.
Last edited by PTFunk on Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Sabine": '88 M6 Royalblau/Silber
SLS delete, Wizard Cooling radiator, BavAuto Strut bar, M-Technik steering wheel, Conforti chip, Bilstein B8s / H&R Lowering Springs, BBE stainless cat-back exhaust
cc_in_cc

Re: Positive experience with Germany Auto Radio Repair (Los Angeles)

Post by cc_in_cc »

I took my BMW branded Pioneer KE-83ZBM to Hernan at Germany Auto Radio Repair in North Hollywood to fix the touchy volume knob. He promised to have it ready the next day, but ended up calling a few hours later to say it was done. No more crackling and dead spots, and he fixed the backlight which I didn't realize was only partly working. $150 for same day service is hard to beat.
Chris
1989 BMW 635CSi
2009 VW Touareg
1974 Pinzgauer 710K