BMW toolkit spanners...

Basic needs related to restoring a 6er including
Electronics, Bodywork, Welding, Painting, Engine Swap, etc
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

BMW toolkit spanners...

Post by Brucey »

we all know that old BMWs tend to 'lose' their toolkits over time; very often a car will come up for sale with half or more of the toolkit missing.

Where do they all go...? Well, I dunno, the nicer the tools are the more likely they are to get used for other jobs I guess. I do know that some of them appear later on at car boot sales though. I quite often buy them when I get the chance, though sadly they are mostly from 3er toolkits and aren't the higher quality Heyco spanners (as found in older 5er, 6er and 7er kits), but are Heyco or Walter DIN 895 type spanners instead.

Anyway, a query; I recently came across a (W. Germany DIN895 type) Walter BMW spanner. No surprise there.... but this one wasn't one of the usual sizes; at first glance it looked like a 17/19mm but actually it turned out to be a 16/18mm. So the question is what BMW model might it have come from?

I had planned to scour the ETKs until I found it, but if anyone knows off the top of their head, do say.

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: BMW toolkit spanners...

Post by hornhospital »

I got one of those in a bulk buy of trunk tools on eBay. I still don't know what BMW model/year it came in to begin with. :-k
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"