Help Support Bigcoupe.com

Long Shot - Looking for Griot's Silver Wheel Paint

Post in this forum for topics relating to tires and wheels

Moderators: ron, bfons, GRNSHRK

muscam1

Long Shot - Looking for Griot's Silver Wheel Paint

Post by muscam1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:54 am

I have a Style 5 wheel that needs some touch up (sprayed). I originally painted the wheels with Griot’s Silver Wheel paint back in 2007. Problem is that Griot’s does not sell this paint any longer. I heard that Griot’s was repackaging Wurth Silver Wheel Paint, so I picked up a can this past week – but it is a lighter shade than the Griot’s. I just need to touch up the basket weave and really don’t want to have to redo the center cap too, plus I want it to match the other wheels.

Here’s the long shot – does anyone have a can of Griot’s Silver Wheel Paint lying around from around 2007 (not sure when Griot's quit selling the paint)? Only need about a quarter of a can and if the can has lost its pressure, that’s not a problem.

Thanks in advance

Marc

bpoliakoff
Bigcoupe supporter

Re: Long Shot - Looking for Griot's Silver Wheel Paint

Post by bpoliakoff » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:45 pm

Marc I think there was a reply on another forum. Go to any automotive PPG paint supply shop. They can scan one of your wheels, match the color and make a rattle can up for you. It will be a real good match and a reasonable price.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.

muscam1

Re: Long Shot - Looking for Griot's Silver Wheel Paint

Post by muscam1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Thanks Bert - that's probably the route I need to go.

--Marc