New Wheels.

Post in this forum for topics relating to tires and wheels

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Vet-San

New Wheels.

Post by Vet-San »

I was putting off getting new wheels, because I'm still waiting to get all the parts for my suspension upgrade... Was hoping the replace the wheels and brakes this summer. But as I had finally decided on the wheels I wanted, I realized that I would have to depend on luck. Which is just a bad idea for me... If I waited a season or even a year, I know that as soon as I was ready to buy, the entire monitary standard would somehow change to Plastic, Gold, Platinum, and BBS Style 5's at the top, with only the uppercrust of robberbaron's being able to afford to pay anyone in "Rims"... Of course now all of you can benefit from this, because now that I've purchased my own set, "they" will be able to genetically alter orange trees to grow Style 5's right on the bough....

Anyway... I really like these wheels... but I cannot help but wonder what they would look like with a highly polished lip, and the spokes painted black... mmmm Black diamond even, to match my car.... All the cool cats these days have rims painted to match their cars... At least that's what Xzibit said...

Anyway does anyone out there have their spokes painted black?
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

Not me!
Black spokes had never occurred to me, I suppose they could look good.
Look forward to seeing pics of yours done! :wink:

The centre cap would have to be painted as well, otherwise it would a bit of a mess IMHO

Dave
horsetan

Re: New Wheels.

Post by horsetan »

Vet-San wrote:...All the cool cats these days have rims painted to match their cars... At least that's what Xzibit said...
No prizes for guessing which MTV show you watch, then :!: :lol:
Vet-San

Post by Vet-San »

UKDaveJ wrote:Not me!

The centre cap would have to be painted as well, otherwise it would a bit of a mess IMHO

Dave
When I was shopping I did see a set already having the black spokes. ASA AR1's on the Tire Rack. Competatively priced I might add... If I could not find some style 5's, they are very likely what I would have went with. Though I didn't really like the center cap on the ASA's...

Also, if I DO paint the center spokes of my Style 5's....it will be after I've used them for a while. And of course the center cap as well, though I think i'd opt for the BBS center cap instead of the BMW icon.
Vet-San

Post by Vet-San »

horsetan wrote: No prizes for guessing which MTV show you watch, then :!: :lol:

I actually haven't watched MTV in a long time... It's not like they show videos.... Though I've got to admit I've gone out of my way to see Wild Boyz a few times... I don't know...there is something to be said for seeing a couple of nutjobs running through the Congo in banana suits or running through the Serengeti in a zebra suit....A lion came up and snatched the head of the suit and ran off with it... Hyjinks of the highest caliber... Someone may get hurt.

now I may have seen Xzibit's show in passing, and lingered... But I would not say I "watch" it... I've yet to see a beemer on any of these shows... THough I did see one fixer show on the Speed channel... I think it was an M3.

I still think the rims would look cool...
Kaotiq635

Post by Kaotiq635 »

UKDaveJ wrote:Not me!

Dave
Have seen the spokes painted different colours to the rims, one example was when BMW ran some E30 M3s in JPS Livery, they had gold spokes, car certainly looked the part.

Pictures can be seen at http://www.autofan.com.au/index.php?id=26

I think the 6er they ran here in the same livery had the same wheel treatment.

I also think there was a black spoke version but I can't remember clearly and can't find pictures :(

Cheers,
Iain.
UKDaveJ

BBS wheel refurb pic

Post by UKDaveJ »

Here's a pic of dirty black BBS wheel prior to & including refurbishment!

Now you can try & imagine what coloured spokes would look like! :D
D
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

Vet-San wrote:I was putting off getting new wheels, because I'm still waiting to get all the parts for my suspension upgrade... Was hoping the replace the wheels and brakes this summer. But as I had finally decided on the wheels I wanted, I realized that I would have to depend on luck. Which is just a bad idea for me... If I waited a season or even a year, I know that as soon as I was ready to buy, the entire monitary standard would somehow change to Plastic, Gold, Platinum, and BBS Style 5's at the top, with only the uppercrust of robberbaron's being able to afford to pay anyone in "Rims"... Of course now all of you can benefit from this, because now that I've purchased my own set, "they" will be able to genetically alter orange trees to grow Style 5's right on the bough....

Anyway... I really like these wheels... but I cannot help but wonder what they would look like with a highly polished lip, and the spokes painted black... mmmm Black diamond even, to match my car.... All the cool cats these days have rims painted to match their cars... At least that's what Xzibit said...

Anyway does anyone out there have their spokes painted black?
Vetsan - This is the image that I think you need to make a decision on!
They look very good, hmm decisions decisions! :roll:
Dave :)

Vet-San

Post by Vet-San »

UKDaveJ wrote:
Vet will do, sir. Just a nick-name, and no I'm not a veteran. nor a veteranarian, nor do I like Corvettes more then the average person... The San part just happens to be the first three letters of my last name, in case you thought I was Japanese... That aside, those rims are nice. But aren't they the 16 inch style 5's? I'm going to have to save that picture and ask the homies...

Also, is it possible to get the BBS style hubs caps? Or that strictly an Ebay watch? I wouldnt mind having a set of each....The hubcaps that is.
Vet-San

rings

Post by Vet-San »

Where do you get these hubcentric rings?? I saw some on BMPD's site, ranging from 5 to 20 millimeters. They seemed kinda pricey though...
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

Vet-San wrote:
UKDaveJ wrote:
Vet will do, sir. Just a nick-name, and no I'm not a veteran. nor a veteranarian, nor do I like Corvettes more then the average person... The San part just happens to be the first three letters of my last name, in case you thought I was Japanese... That aside, those rims are nice. But aren't they the 16 inch style 5's? I'm going to have to save that picture and ask the homies...

Also, is it possible to get the BBS style hubs caps? Or that strictly an Ebay watch? I wouldnt mind having a set of each....The hubcaps that is.
Vet (previous vetsan was a typo - should have been Vet-San :wink: ), see what you think of these;