Lenso BSX Alloy Wheels?

Post in this forum for topics relating to tires and wheels

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Soperman

Lenso BSX Alloy Wheels?

Post by Soperman »

For all the usual reasons, I am looking to get my M635 off the TRX metrics and onto some more affordable, capable and available rubber. I'm anxious to maintain a period look so ideally would buy some BBS RS rims. However as a man of modest means, driving a car that accumulates a very modest annual mileage, I cannot justify the cost of a refurbished genuine set.

So I've been looking around and come across replica lookalikes manufactured by Dare and also Lenso, the latter being my preference as one UK stockist can also supplier can also supply BBS branded centre-caps (unashamed fakery, yes, I know. I'm not proud).

This strikes me as an opportunity to slightly enhance the cars appearance, with a larger rim size at 17". If I can get the appearance of increased track front and rear, then I'd be happier still.

So I'm looking for anyone out there who may have opted for 17"Lenso BSX rims on their E24. Are you pleased with the result? I'd specifically like to learn about issues with rim-widths, offsets etc. If anyone can share their experience, I would be very grateful.
dwcains

Post by dwcains »

Just judging from the poor grammar on their site, I'd say find something else. Lots of cheap Asian-made wheels on the market, and many are of very low quality and durability. Used OEM wheels from other BMW models are inexpensive, of high quality, and easy to find. Many aftermarket wheels may also not have the correct offsets or be hub-centric for your car.
kos

Post by kos »

Poor quality, end of discussion

Look for a set of style 5's or some style 32's

Both OEM bmw wheels which look good on an 24 and are a very good wheel