Kopi Wheels

Post in this forum for topics relating to tires and wheels

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

gte619n

Kopi Wheels

Post by gte619n »

Hey Fellas,

I was wondering if you could help me with some wheel issues. The PO has some large Porsche calipers on the front of my car and I'm trying to figure out how to replace the current wheels. They're nice BBS wheels, but they just don't look correct on the car. I was wondering if anyone had tried the [url]Kopi Alpina replica wheels, available here: http://abrahamsmotorsport.com/kopi.html ?

I found wokke's pictures (viewtopic.php?t=7639) of the black centers and that's what I'd like to try, as I think that looks really, really good on the E24 and I believe it will clear my brakes. Has anyone tried this?

It looks like the specs for the 5-lug are 17x7.5, 35mm Offset. Will that work with the E24?

Thanks for all the help!

E
Evan Ruff, Atlanta GA, Engineer
1970 Ford F100
1972 BMW 3.0CSi, L-Jet 3.5L
1978 Ferrari 308GTB
1985 BMW M635CSi
2016 BMW M2
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Those are for 3 series fitment . . .

Post by GRNSHRK »

The offset on these wheels are for 3 series, as they are too "negative" for our beloved 6ers and will foul the suspension without the use of fairly thick spacers, 15mm at a minimum [-X

But I think many have used the Kopi wheels, have you checked out Coupe King :-k

http://www.coupeking.com/product/coupek ... ed-alloys/

These are Alpina copies as well, but more likely what you will need \:D/
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
gte619n

Re: Kopi Wheels

Post by gte619n »

Hey Bobbo, thanks for the link. Those look great, but I'm afraid that 16" won't clear my brakes. I will have to take some measurements but the car is currently riding on 17" wheels.
Evan Ruff, Atlanta GA, Engineer
1970 Ford F100
1972 BMW 3.0CSi, L-Jet 3.5L
1978 Ferrari 308GTB
1985 BMW M635CSi
2016 BMW M2
redrumm3

Re: Kopi Wheels

Post by redrumm3 »

gte619n wrote:Hey Fellas,

I was wondering if you could help me with some wheel issues. The PO has some large Porsche calipers on the front of my car and I'm trying to figure out how to replace the current wheels. They're nice BBS wheels, but they just don't look correct on the car. I was wondering if anyone had tried the [url]Kopi Alpina replica wheels, available here: http://abrahamsmotorsport.com/kopi.html ?

I found wokke's pictures (viewtopic.php?t=7639) of the black centers and that's what I'd like to try, as I think that looks really, really good on the E24 and I believe it will clear my brakes. Has anyone tried this?

It looks like the specs for the 5-lug are 17x7.5, 35mm Offset. Will that work with the E24?

Thanks for all the help!

E
I know Mel Abrahams well, he has been a friend for more than 20 years and is a long time BMW guy. He is a super guy and imports these wheels. As Bobbo mentioned, I would guess you are going to need to run at least a 20mm spacer to make them work on a E24 which is not ideal. I can vouch for the quality of the wheels but there is probably a better option out there. You can also reach out to Mel and inquire about another offset.
Scott Collins
80 Euro 635csi Stratosblau/Parchment