Proper Hubcentric Rings for E39 wheels

Post in this forum for topics relating to tires and wheels

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

85mvdelphinus

Re: Proper Hubcentric Rings for E39 wheels

Post by 85mvdelphinus »

I also recommend the hub centric rings from Discount Tire Direct. I had some vibration at 45-50 mph so I thought one of the rings may have been damaged after my previous tire rotation/balance. I reached Ben at Discount Tire Direct and he sent me a complimentary set of 74.1-72.56 aluminum rings. Nice surprise.

I followed up with a tire rotation/balance and it turned out the original rings were okay. So now I have a spare set. Vibration is almost gone as well.

By the way, I paid $60 ($15/each) for a lifetime (of the car) tire balance and rotation from America's Tire. I rotate/balance every 4,000 miles and now my visits are no charge.
1985 635CSi 5MT Delphin Grey/Pearl Beige

Does a guilt free shark have a feeling of remoras?
Cogeniac

Re:

Post by Cogeniac »

Sixracer wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:45 pm Just ordered these hub centric spacers from Rogue Engineering:

http://www.zeckhausen.com/Product_Descr ... pacers.htm

$114 shipped with bolts. Nice quality.
Unclear if these hub centric spacers serve the same function as the hub rings. Most hub centric spacers simply replicate the original hub format, just extended out 5-15 mm.

The hub rings are intended to adjust for the slight difference in diameter between the hub center and the E39 Style 5 wheel center.

I run 10 mmHR Spacers and hub rings.

Probably to much to ask, but it would be cool if someone made a spacer that was E24 on the hub side and E39 on the wheel side, thereby eliminating the need for the rings.
Scott Andrews
Petaluma, CA
1980 Euro 635, "Rocinante", the Truth.
1972 3.0 CS
emac

Re: Proper Hubcentric Rings for E39 wheels

Post by emac »

these are the ones I use on my M6. Cheap enough to buy a couple of sets. I usually bring my wheels to the tire shop. I dont trust many folks these days working on cars older than they are!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074W ... UTF8&psc=1