score!

Post in this forum for topics relating to tires and wheels

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

pablofan

score!

Post by pablofan »

Was not looking forward to this springs required investment in a set of 235/45/17's for my sixer. There are other issues (such as brakes) that require $$$ to get it on the road and certifiable for which I would rather save the cash. Yesterday found a set of half tread Conti Sportcontacts (original euipment) for $50 cdn apiece mounted and balanced including tax. I am stoked- even if they only last me a season I am way ahead! These tires are $300 plus apiece here without taxes, mounting and balancing.
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Nice tyres. Should be good for at least 8K
John Vadeika

tires

Post by John Vadeika »

pablofan,

you helped me with a front end nose find a couple months ago for my '86. thanks. I jsut sold it and it is leaving on thursday for edmonton.

I just recieved an '88 and it is in the shop today.

valve job, fluids, saftey etc...

I need to find some control arm bushings front and rear pitmans...any suggestions...Grunt bushings site or alternative

My 88 has 17" RD's as well as some gold BBS baskets.
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

How about Bavarian Auto's http://www.bavauto.com They are in the US and seem to do a number of uprated and performance parts for the six.
John Vadeika

thanks for the site & request additional feedback

Post by John Vadeika »

Sohlman,

Thanks for the info. I checked out the site and it looks like I have some options...have you ever used them before and if so, are they good to deal with?

Both rear shocks are leaking...should I put my money towards replacing suspension all the way around with Bilsteins or just buy the hydrolic rear shocks...its pricey either way...any suggestions?

JV
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

I have not as yet dealt with them, but am currently trying to buy some springs. I am awaiting a reply, but there reputation is very good. also you can try Turner Motorsport http://www.turnermotorsport.com. I ordered up some anti roll bars last week and they arrived in three days to the UK. First class service.

With regards to suspension the best you can get for a six are bilsteins. Also bilsteins will not wear out, and if they do you can get them revalved. However just changing the rears will give an interesting handling six as the fronts will be softer. Bilsteins are significantly stiffer than the standard Boge units. However they are valved so are soft for the first couple of cenremeters of movement before they start to load up once in a corner or under bumpy conditions. Currently i need my springs and then a full suspension upgrade will happen including eibach springs, M6 Bilsteins, and Racing Dynamics uprated anti Roll bars front and rear.
pablofan

Post by pablofan »

bavauto would have been my suggestion as well...

pablofan