Help Support Bigcoupe.com

Replacing center console (HVAC) bulbs

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: ron, bfons, GRNSHRK

Yuros

Replacing center console (HVAC) bulbs

Postby Yuros » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:25 pm

Apologies if this is already covered but I could not find any tech articles or posts on replacing the bulbs in the center of the dash (where heating controls are).
On my car only the 3 direction sliders light up, the rest of this panel is dark. I assume all knobs and buttons should be illuminated? Do I need to remove the entire console, or can I do it by pulling off the knobs and buttons individually?

Cheers.

abandonede24

Re: Replacing center console (HVAC) bulbs

Postby abandonede24 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Yuros wrote:Apologies if this is already covered but I could not find any tech articles or posts on replacing the bulbs in the center of the dash (where heating controls are).
On my car only the 3 direction sliders light up, the rest of this panel is dark. I assume all knobs and buttons should be illuminated? Do I need to remove the entire console, or can I do it by pulling off the knobs and buttons individually?

Cheers.

Hi Yuros,

I done this job a month or two ago. Although I had my speedo cluster out for another purpose, I done it through that hole. I managed to change the bulbs from the glove box side with a bit of fiddling and the drivers side should be possible with a little more tinkering and patience. Feel for two thin wires and then for an edge of a plastic plug behind the hvac controls and you should be able to pull them out to change. I managed on my 85 635csi without to much hassle.

Hope you manage.

dwcains
Bigcoupe supporter

Postby dwcains » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:40 am

Might also be done with the shift console removed. Mine is in that state now, and I can reach up and feel the bulb holders, although I'm not sure I can get to all of them. I need to check in the dark. Replace with LEDs, if possible - that's my plan.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

Yuros

Postby Yuros » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Great, thanks for the tips. I will be replacing the stereo head unit in mine in a few days and will attempt to reach the bulbs through that aperture. Otherwise will try the glovebox route.

dwcains
Bigcoupe supporter

Postby dwcains » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Thru the DIN opening will be tough, unless you've got very skinny double-jointed hands/fingers.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

-->

Return to “Interior”