Wiper upgrade - variable intermittant speed

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

UKDaveJ

Wiper upgrade - variable intermittant speed

Post by UKDaveJ »

This is a mod I think would be really useful - has anyone done it?

Dave 8)
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Nope.

In any case, I find the wiper speed depends on how many other electrical toys you're using simultaneously :lol: :roll:
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Nope.

With so many wiper problems you wanna hunt for some more :evil:
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

I've done it on other cars that lacked this feature, and plan to do it on the 6er at some point; thing is, it is way down on the list.....

Incidentally, Ivan- your 'variable speed' problem is almost certainly a bad earth from the wipers, shared with a load of other things. You could probably sort it out quite easily, maybe as simply as running another earth in there.

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

Brucey wrote:I've done it on other cars that lacked this feature, and plan to do it on the 6er at some point; thing is, it is way down on the list.....
Look forward to reading your tech article mate! I thought about variable wiper speed again on the way home in the Highline today, that horrible rain rate that is between the three standard speed choices, the normal one producing a squeaky wipe, the intermittent not a sufficient wipe! :evil:
Incidentally, Ivan- your 'variable speed' problem is almost certainly a bad earth from the wipers, shared with a load of other things. You could probably sort it out quite easily, maybe as simply as running another earth in there.
cheers
Sounds like one of those jobs that depends on how bothered he is about the problem! :wink:
Dave :)
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

There is always the Hartge single wiper conversion for that DTM race car look.
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Sohlman wrote:There is always the Hartge single wiper conversion for that DTM race car look.
I don't think so, somehow. I'm in no hurry to add chav elements to my car, thank you :evil:
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

:lol: