Lights on buzzer

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

UKDaveJ

Lights on buzzer

Post by UKDaveJ »

This evening I popped out to the pub with my wife & lad.

It was approaching dusk so I had my lights on, but when I got out the car I'd forgotten the lights were still on - until my boy told me otherwise! :oops:

Has anyone added a 'factory' style warning buzzer?
Dave 8)
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

New cars have 'em,

and it bugs the s!$t out of me. I prefer the old-fashioned method of paying attention and turning the machine off properly.

Old fart, Sharkfan.
dnd

Post by dnd »

"been there, done that".
after i've killed the battery once, i install one buzzer inside my brains - to look at the car when leaving it.

no problems during last 1,5 years ;)
Drew

Post by Drew »

Not to a 6 but I did this on my golf.

I put the buzzer in series with a diode between the headlight switch (dash illumination output) and the earth for the courtesy light

so that if there's 12v from the headlight switch being earthed at the courtesy light (ie door open) the buzzer buzzes.

I can't remember why I put the diode there, I think it was to prevent current drain through the coutesy light bulb or somesuch sensible plan, I do remember it cost 12p though :lol:

Post by Guest »

Online Proxy Checker: check HTTP proxies, check socks 4 / 5 proxies, socks proxy checker: http://www.checkproxy.net
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Is 'glycogen' the same twat as 'Conquer' and his crappy messages about servers - why is this site being targeted ?

Brian - can't you get rid of these jokers

Sharkfan
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

sharkfan wrote:Is 'glycogen' the same twat as 'Conquer' and his crappy messages about servers - why is this site being targeted ?

Yup.
Brian - can't you get rid of these jokers
It would appear that Brian's attention is diverted elsewhere...