Rebuilding driver and front passenger seat

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

theiney

Rebuilding driver and front passenger seat

Post by theiney »

Just got an 86 and the driver's seat is a mess. It needs to be removed, rebuilt, and recovered. Any suggestions of how to get this done reasonably in Southern California. My first thought is to go to TJ, but would like a reference to a specific shop. Front passenger's seat needs new leather. BTW, these are Ricaro seats.
Mm80euro

It's Recaro..

Post by Mm80euro »

Hey Terry,
I got the same problem, My driver seat needs to be replaced but its too expensive. There is a shop in north hollywood that specializes in recaro seats and i'm sure they will have what ever you need. I've been looking at their catalog and their prices are a bit high but defenitly worth it. As they have factory items or so they say. I will give you their number as soon i find it. Maybe if we buy them at the same time we'll get a break or something. :wink:

Miguel
1980 635csi euro
Pasadena, Ca
theiney

Post by theiney »

Miguel,

I'd like to check out the place in N. Hollywood. I also am going to call this fellow:

Dave Varco
Aardvarc Racing
www.2002parts.com

He had an ad for rebuilt BMW seats on E-Bay, about $800 pair. I'm hoping he can repair seats for less. He is in Chula Vista.
Mm80euro

Post by Mm80euro »

Terry,
Here is the number for that shop it's called GAHH. The number is (818) 767-6242 or you can go to gahh.com and select shop by car type.

BTW that aardvarcs racing page is a good find. I'm looking for a limited slip differential and I think they might have some. Good luck with the seats.

Miguel
1980 635csi euro
818-321-5418
[/url]gahh.com
theiney

Post by theiney »

Checked out the website for the place in N. Hollywood. I also spoke to the guy in Chula Vista yesterday. I think Chula Vista is less expensive and he will do the work. Right now I'm dealing with mechanical issues and am putting off working on the seats for a week or two. I'll let you know costs, etc., as the saga continues. Thanks for the information.
Mm80euro

Post by Mm80euro »

Thanks... 8)