source for interior plastic

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

EuroShark

source for interior plastic

Post by EuroShark »

Can ne1 provide a source for black plastic. ie: the textured stuff used for center dash stack trim and non-textured black prefered. I have projects need to finish.

Cheers,

George :?:
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

i would be very interested in some of this and also a paint that anyone has worked with that could give a plastic look.
Klaus

INDUSTRIAL PLASTIC SUPPLY, INC.

Post by Klaus »

I have been using these guys for many years. They offer ABS sheet in different thicknesses and textures, also in black and white.

INDUSTRIAL PLASTIC SUPPLY, INC.

You can order standard sizes or complete custom stuff, not sure if shipping to the UK is economical, but at least it's a great source for the people in the US.

Klaus
ScottAndrews

Paint

Post by ScottAndrews »

For low wear parts (eg the pods) I have had good luck using ordinary exterior semi gloss latex paint. You clean and prime the surface, and then spray a tinned out mix of the latex using a regular HVLP gun.

Do about 3 coats. It ends up with the same sheen as plastic, the grain shows through, and it's sooo clean..

I did my console, knee bolster, glovebox, the rear interior arm rests, and the pods (actually did the pods on both 6ers). The only one that has not been great is the console because it gets quite alot of wear on the edge of the plastic. Otherwise it has been great. Many THIN coats...

S