Power Seat adjuster stickers

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

biggles

Power Seat adjuster stickers

Post by biggles »

I have a set of stickers on the switches for the power seat adjusters...

They are silver and quite stuffed up. I have combed this site and the net for similar switches. And only found those with white paint. Although they seem to all be from later model cars.

what are the chances if i peal off the stickers I will find white paint decals underneath?

Or any suggests to neaten them up? I was going to try trimming off the loose edges of the stickers...

(Failed to upload picture)
81 BMW 635csi RHD Euro manual.
02 M5
02 MCoupe
biggles

Post by biggles »

Maybe I should put it simpler... does anyone else have black and silver stickers on the buttons controlling the seat adjustments? All the ebay switches have a black plastic button with white paint directly on it.
02 M5
02 MCoupe
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

Biggles,

Whew! Cue the crickets. I see that you tried to upload a picture of the issue but it failed to come through. I'm no help here because I have manual sports on my 6er but with 66 views and no replies, I thought someone ought to speak up. Anecdotally, I've never seen a sticker on the switches of any BMW I've been in. (of our vintage)

Keep the shiny side up

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit
Hefeweizen

Post by Hefeweizen »

I think the regular standard switches have the paint come right off. Never did see stickers on them though. I went to the illuminated switches which keep the arrows on them forever (It seems). You can find them on Ebay quiet often
Rainer
03 330Xi (DD)
85 635CSi (RIP 3 May 19)
80 633CSi (Red Euro, Project)

"If you think a good European mechanic is expensive, try a bad one!"
biggles

Post by biggles »

Hope this helps explain. This is what I typically find on ebay. Mine have black stickers with silver icons on them. They have started to peel and look pretty tatty. I was wondering if anyone had similar switches. I am close to iether peeling them off or trying to trim the edges. I would be delighted if there is painted switches underneath. But chances are they will be blank or rubbed off by a previous owner.

Ofcourse with them off I will be lost as to what is what on the switches...
02 M5
02 MCoupe
songzunhuang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Create some stickers?

Post by songzunhuang »

With today's high quality printing, maybe someone should create new stickers to put on the old painted buttons that is wearing off of so many power seat controls. Anyone done that?
-----
Song Huang
1984 633CSi
Last 7 of VIN: 6997383
Super Coop

Re: Create some stickers?

Post by Super Coop »

songzunhuang wrote:With today's high quality printing, maybe someone should create new stickers to put on the old painted buttons that is wearing off of so many power seat controls. Anyone done that?
Good idea, I'd be in for my other switches, they all wore off over time. I have never seen stick on lables for any switches or adjusters, mu seat adjustes were wore off, 5 series of the same era will work fine. I found a used pair on Ebay that looked like new, about $40.00 if I remember right, thought that was pretty decent.
SprCpe

1989 635csi # 3268410

Ostatecznym maszyny jazdy BMW
guido

Re: Power Seat adjuster stickers

Post by guido »

Did any of you find a solution to this?

I'm looking to attach heated seat icon transfers to some E30 heated seat switches i picked up to then fit them horizontally as original E24 buttons.
This company do something along the right lines I'm after but apparently they don't currently offer a sticker kit for heated seat symbols in the right style/size..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4gbuvAkzg