Recaro seat tracks

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ron madden

Recaro seat tracks

Post by ron madden »

I have a 85 recaro sport passenger side electric seat track that is in good shape. My drivers side track is loose and moves back and forth as I accelerate and stop. Very annoying. Are the two tracks interchangeable?
Thanks, Ron
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Check your hardware first Ron. If they are true Recaro seats then there are 4 small bolts (6 mm shank) holding each seat to the tracks. The tracks are then secured to the floor pan with 4 larger bolts.

BMW sport seats only have the 4 larger bolts securing the seat to the floor pan. The tracks are attached to the seat with a hinge and pin in front. The rear of the track is attached to the multi function hinge with large bolts on either side. I have spare parts for the BMW seats so let me know if you need anything.

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

'85 is a changeover year for seats IIRC, so could have either the BMW or true recaro ones. IIRC the true manual recaros have the big sidelever (on the handbrake side of the seat).

If one side is moving and the other not, this often means (if there are no bolts loose....) that the latch mechnism isn't engaging on one side. Although it is possible that it is damaged in some way, usually there is a simple problem that can be solved with a little fiddling.

hth

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~