E12 vs E28 pedals

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

E12 vs E28 pedals

Post by Brucey »

I have recently got myself a wrecked E12 based car, mainly for its black recaro seats, gearbox and its LSD.

Now I don't have very big feet at all (in fact they are small, GB8/US9), but I noticed that the pedals are set very low in this car with the brake rubber below the ball of my foot with my heel on the floor; is this normal???

Also, there's no way they are set right for good heel & toe action, not for me anyway.

Since I may want to adapt this pedal box to an E28 chassis, anyone else btdt?

Anyone else fussy about pedals?

If you guys are interested I can post pictures to show what I mean.

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
horsetan

Re: E12 vs E28 pedals

Post by horsetan »

Brucey wrote:....Now I don't have very big feet at all (in fact they are small, GB8/US9),
Still bigger than mine - UK 7
jrcalvin

Post by jrcalvin »

Brucey: I switch between my e12 sixer and e28 all the time and have never noticed any difference at all. I think there must be something unique about that particular e12 six you picked up as a spare.

We are talking manual pedals right? No auto pedal setup?
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

you are quite right, and I found out what it was today- the carpets are about 1" thick....

Still not convinced by the heel/toe possibilities though.....

cheers
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Certainly on my manual six heeling and toeing is very easy and i do this with almost every down change. The only problm is that when you are braking very hard (Almost lock up) the brake pedal goes past the throttle making healing and toeing difficult.

James
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

James, do you have more pedal travel since your brake revisions? If more piston area/master cylinder area this might be expected.

So far my 6-er antics have been mostly confined to the EH autobox, but the project car will be a manual, eventually, but I'm not convinced by the manual pedals yet.

What you describe seemed likely to me with the standard set-up, too.

I would like the throttle set further to one side, and slightly further away , and slightly down (in the plane of the pedals) from the brake. I may move the brake pedal up slightly as well.

Maybe I'm just fussy....

cheers