Here's how to dismantle sports seats

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here's how to dismantle sports seats

Post by wattsmonkey »

I promised a guide to dismantling sports seats to a mate with a M535i, but it might be of interest to those of us with an E28 with a sexier body and nicer fuses!

Call me thick, but I can't work out how to make a guide to post on here with the picture limits, so here's the link to the 5 series forum:

http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/72793-gui ... rts-seats/

Cheers,

Rob
"Most of it necessary; all of it enjoyable." LJKS
'84 635CSi, dogleg...itbs and supercharger????? Eaton Mess
mauser

Post by mauser »

Looks like a great guide, but I cant access pics?

Have to register on the other forum? It would be great if you could post pics over here. You can split them in more posts if it cant fit into one
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

If you already have the Pics posted somewhere as a .tiff or .jpg, just right click and copy the image location and paste it into a post for here. Select the image location in your post and click the "IMG" button at the top of the posting box and it will surround the image location with the proper beginning and ending markers to make it display when you preview/post. Or you can type them in yourself.
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

That's annoying! Hope the Photobucket route works.

The tilt-forward mechanism on our seats simply requires the lifting of the recline lever to access one philips screw per lever, a sharp tap from underneath the plastic retainer for the wire and the bending of the metal tang on the hook which attaches the wire to the mechanism. There's a paragraph that could use a picture!

Hope the following is of interest in any case:

"Most of it necessary; all of it enjoyable." LJKS
'84 635CSi, dogleg...itbs and supercharger????? Eaton Mess
mauser

Post by mauser »

Worked for me, great write up, thanks :D =D> =D>
Devildog0341

Re: Here's how to dismantle sports seats

Post by Devildog0341 »

Does anybody know if the plastic slider guides for the leg bolster are available? Mine are broken
jeffnhiscars

Re: Here's how to dismantle sports seats

Post by jeffnhiscars »

This is my re intro post since I had to re register to log in. I sold parts here a couple of years ago after finding an L6 at pullapart and not wanting to see it go to waste.

Anyhow, this time around I wanted to share that Ive been having replacement seat struts manufactured in Europe, mainly for e30s BUT they are the same PN for a manual e24 (as well as e28) as seen in this thread. Ive sold a number to shark owners with positive results. I'll post a proper FS ad but thought this thread would be a good spot to say hi :-)

Heres a peak of a set for 1 seat with new push nuts. PM is best with questions