trunk interior

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Max Funderburk

trunk interior

Post by Max Funderburk »

None of my BMW guys know the answer to my question so thought I would try the E24 gurus on the BigCoupe Forum.

I am new at this and this is second try at posting...went to get a photo and lost everything in cyber space.

See attached photo...does anyone know what is held in the small pocket and secured by small rubber strap? This is the left side of the upholstered rear panel that covers the tail lights.

I have been restoring the car for 8 years and I have never seen this pocket and strap until recently!!! Unbelievable! I suspect the strap was tucked away behind the panel and never caught my attention.

I selected a photo of my 6er and thought it would be posted with this new post....does it have to be approved before it appears? Thanks, Maxnt
Attachments
photo-2.JPG
photo-2.JPG (124.25 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
maxnt-coupe crazy
'88 635 CSi
Londonderry, NH
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

I asked about this some time ago. By the way, you are missing a snap above the white taillight fixture:

It's for the wheel chock. More information:
viewtopic.php?t=5017&

(Photo courtesy of ron)
Max Funderburk

Wheel Chock

Post by Max Funderburk »

Chris,
Many thanks for solving the mystery....I saw the mention of using a wheel chock in the Owner's Manual and was curious if I had one under my trunk floor mat....I don't.

Thanks for the source links to purchase one....got to have the original stuff in place for sure!

I noticed the missed snap and heading out tomorrow to find a repair tool and snaps.

Appreciate the response....I should have joined this forum years ago.

Max
maxnt-coupe crazy
'88 635 CSi
Londonderry, NH
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

Welcome aboard! 8)

BTW, have you seen the "Goodies Page"? It has links to Online (or PDF Downloads) of the Factory Workshop Manuals, Wiring Diagrams (ETM's), Parts Manuals, Online Suppliers, etc.:
viewtopic.php?t=10410
It is actually in the "Tech Articles" Section, "Stickied" at the top as "E24 Shop Manual" if you need to find it later.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Well, Chris, that has answered a question I have had for nearly 20 years!
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

Pod wrote:Well, Chris, that has answered a question I have had for nearly 20 years!
Ah ... but Ron answered that question, I just pointed to his answer! 8)
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Chris Wright wrote:
Pod wrote:Well, Chris, that has answered a question I have had for nearly 20 years!
Ah ... but Ron answered that question, I just pointed to his answer! 8)
Ah so, Grasshopper, the expertise is in knowing where to look.......................... :P
Tinkerer007

Post by Tinkerer007 »

This place is great, answering questions I didn't even know I had.

I don't have the pictured strap as I have an earlier car. Since I "upgraded" to the newer speaker pods, my first aid kit doesn't fit under the speaker pod anymore. I got the trunk interior from a newer car with a spot for the first aid kit in the left side cover. Unfortunately it doesn't fit as the jack is in the way.

I noticed in the picture above that the orientation of the jack has been changed. Does anyone have a picture of the newer layout in that left side area?

(I will post a picture of mine later.)
1984 Euro 635 (A quarter of a million miles and counting)
UUC short shift kit
Mason Engineering Strut Tower Braces
Steve Haygood 25mm / 19mm Sway Bars
'88 Exhaust System (nice and quiet)
BBS 16x8 Style 5s
KMAC Rear Adjustable Camber