Insturment cluster light question

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Jack

Insturment cluster light question

Post by Jack »

I have a 1987 M6 with a light that comes on when you turn on the headlights, far left bottom of the cluster. Two arrows facing opposit dirtections. It is not in the manual. Is this normal?
horsetan

Re: Insturment cluster light question

Post by horsetan »

Jack wrote:I have a 1987 M6 with a light that comes on when you turn on the headlights, far left bottom of the cluster. Two arrows facing opposit dirtections. It is not in the manual. Is this normal?
Have you left the front fog lights on by mistake?
Jack

Fog light display

Post by Jack »

On my car the light I am wondering about is to the left of the High beam indicator. In is green with two arrows facing oposite directions. To the right of the high beam indicator is the fog light indicator. It comes on when I turn on the fogs. Any clues?
horsetan

Re: Fog light display

Post by horsetan »

Jack wrote:On my car the light I am wondering about is to the left of the High beam indicator. In is green with two arrows facing oposite directions. To the right of the high beam indicator is the fog light indicator. It comes on when I turn on the fogs. Any clues?
Two arrows?

On my RHD car, the light you are describing is also green, but has a lamp-and-beam symbol facing downwards; those are the front fogs The rear fogs are also to the LEFT of the high beam symbol, and illuminate amber.
Attachments
My display from quite some time ago. Mileage has gone up since then!
My display from quite some time ago. Mileage has gone up since then!
display.jpg (111.45 KiB) Viewed 4872 times
Jack

Light location

Post by Jack »

The green light on my car is to the left of your rear fog light. When not illuminated it is blank. I took some pictures but the forum says I cannot add them. How is this done? Thank you
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Generally those horizontal opposing arrows denote that a tail-hitch loom has been added.

HTH,

Sharkfan
Jack

Post by Jack »

Today I noticed that the green light varies with the intensity of the instrument cluster lights. When you turn the head light switch. Could it be pluged into the wrong opening?
Jack

Post by Jack »

Trying to include picture.
Attachments
Hope this helps
Hope this helps
DSC00272-1.jpg (140.56 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

sharkfan wrote:Generally those horizontal opposing arrows denote that a tail-hitch loom has been added.
This sounds like a later addition. There's no mention of it in my 1983 owner's instruction book....