passenger window problems

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Finally6

passenger window problems

Post by Finally6 »

Try this one out for size. The passenger window on my 80 euro goes up quickly, but comes down extremely slow, almost doesn't make it. I have tried this with both the glass in place, and not, and also with and without the tracks in place. Any ideas? It would appear I would need a passenger side window motor? I have access to a 82 733i, and can get the window motor from that one. I looked at www.realoem.com and the part #'s are different, so I assume I wouldn't be able to use this one, but just want to rule it out. Thanks
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

just a thought; could it be the switch contacts going bad? I think you can swap some (but not all) the window switches about and try this.

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally6

I will be snowed in tomorrow,

Post by Finally6 »

Perfect time to try swapping a switch or two. Thanks
Jack

Window motor

Post by Jack »

Most BMW window motors can be removed from the mechanism. Usually it is two bolts. When you order a new window motor you get the complete mechanism. Unless your mechanism is damaged you should be able to remove just the motor and switch it with a 7 series.
Finally6

tried switch, did not change

Post by Finally6 »

the symptoms. Jack, you say the window motor on the 82 733 will work? If that is the case, I will be picking one up on Tuesday from the salvage yard and try swapping it with the shark. I haven't removed a window regulator before, looks like the easiest way is lower the window all the way, and then unbolt and wiggle it out. Is that correct?? Just in case that the 7 & the 6 have different window motors, anyone got a spare one laying around???