Interior parts NLA:What's next?

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

zib635

Interior parts NLA:What's next?

Post by zib635 »

Hi all,
I am new here. I have a 635CSI 1982 and I live in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

I love my car as it now runs fine and happy with it. But I would like to make it better. I would like to replace some interior parts eg the rear quarter windows rubber lining where the roof meets the windows. Those parts I believe are NLA.

The rubber is covered by a piece of cloth similar to that of the roof lining material I believe.

Also armrests are no longer available new in other colours except for perlbeige. I believe this will soon run out.

So what would happen to our cars when parts are NLA? Can we manufacture our own parts?

Please share your opinion and experience here.

Cheers.
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Even when last available ,the fabric covered rubber piece was only available without the fabric. Yes, you can probably find a similar fabric and glue it on. As to parts being manufactured, as one who has and still does make some parts, I can tell you start up costs take a bit of cash outlay and no matter what the part, very few guys will step up as cost has to be high to recover your outlay
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.