635csi Door Seal

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

GregB86

635csi Door Seal

Post by GregB86 »

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a 1989 635csi Highline and it great, unfortunatley the door seals are shot making for a rather noisey ride. Any idea when I can get replacements, Im not having much luck with Bmw in the UK. :cry:

GregB86
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

Hi Greg, Welcome to the forum.

I assume the seals you are on about are#15 below? Most used ones are not good.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=41&fg=40

BMW haven't had any for quite a while now. Latest is delivery on 16.2.15. (maybe?) Price just over £300 ea!

You can Google the part number and it will show up all over but chances are nobody has a physical item.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
GregB86

Post by GregB86 »

ron wrote:Hi Greg, Welcome to the forum.

I assume the seals you are on about are#15 below? Most used ones are not good.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=41&fg=40

BMW haven't had any for quite a while now. Latest is delivery on 16.2.15. (maybe?) Price just over £300 ea!

You can Google the part number and it will show up all over but chances are nobody has a physical item.

Hi Ron,

Thats the one. Yeah thats what ive been told, £302 each and possibly avaliable in februaury, such a shame as the car is great other than that.

Greg
BORN2RUN

Post by BORN2RUN »

You may want to check BMW of South Atlanta - with shipping it may still be less...
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

I just talked to my local dealer about the gaskets. He looked it up on the BMW network parts list

and told me Germany expects delivery late February and we should be able to order some time in March.
Chris Wright

Re: 635csi Door Seal

Post by Chris Wright »

GregB86 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have just bought a 1989 635csi Highline and it great, unfortunatley the door seals are shot making for a rather noisey ride. Any idea when I can get replacements, Im not having much luck with Bmw in the UK. :cry:

GregB86
Is the noise around the glass?

You might try some Gummi Pflege (rubber treatment) to soften them up a bit and then try adjusting the window to get a better seal:

Window adjustments:
viewtopic.php?t=18499&
______

By the way. Welcome aboard!

Check out the "Goodie Page" for links to Factory WorkShop Manuals, Wiring Diagrams (ETM's), Factory Parts Catalogs, parts Suppliers etc.:
viewtopic.php?t=10410
Bookmark it, but It is actually in the "Tech Articles" Section, "Stickied" at the top as "E24 Shop Manual" if you need to find it later.
Skank

Post by Skank »

Got mine from ECS last year for $270 each. Much better than the $1400 + VAT BMW South Africa wanted!
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

Read my post in the 'Saloon'. It's working and for no more than $10 bucks!
Good luck,,,,Greg
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
GregB86

Post by GregB86 »

Thanks for the reply guys,

I tried loads of places in the uk, Germany and the US with no luck unfortunately. As you say, Bmw are expected to make up a new batch in late Feb some time.

Managed to get hold of a used set in far better condition than mine and have purchased some treatment to soften them up a bit. Just need a spare weekend to fit , them. I gather its not going to be easy.

May still get some new ones when they become avaliable but needed something to tie me over as the seals are quite badly perished.

Cheers,
Greg
nick88highline

Post by nick88highline »

I contacted BMW about the door seals today and they still don't have a delivery date.
BMW 635CSiA (1988)
BMW i3 (2016)
Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 (2000)
Morris Minor 1000 (1968)
Jambers

Re: 635csi Door Seal

Post by Jambers »

Hi I know this is an oldie, but there's no point starting afresh!!

By the way I am new to this forum - have just taken delivery of our 635CSi, in the UK, it's a Highline and a factory Manual (Stick shift).

These dreaded weather seals - I too have been looking for a cost effective solution, and have a question: Has anyone taken a seal from say a Z4 Coupe and tried to repair the original e24 ones? I know the glass sits differently (I have a Z4 M Coupe), but it might be worth a shot. They seem to be much cheaper.

My E24 one has a tear at the top, and it's enough to make it sound as though the door is open.
Current cars:
1989 635CSi Manual
2007 Z4M Coupe
G31 530d M Sport
F21 118i M Sport
Based in the U.K. Leicestershire
Previously : F30, E60, E21, E30, E12, E28