Steering wheel R&R

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Noct

Steering wheel R&R

Post by Noct »

So I'm working with an M-Tech and airbag wheel that I want to get rid of. I've read up on the airbag removal... have disconnected the relevant plugs, but I don't see how to remove the unit. The four holes in the back don't seem to have screws in them... I still need to get a little mirror so I can take a better look at stuff like this, but they really don't seem like screws there as someone had decribed for an e39 wheel. I tried both Philips and flathead screwdrivers.

I'm pretty clear on how to remove/install the M-tech but the one I have on the car now is squeaking like a Mother. Want to keep that from happening when I put this other one on... what should I lube? Lithium grease OK?[/url]
Super Coop

Re: Steering wheel R&R

Post by Super Coop »

Noct wrote:So I'm working with an M-Tech and airbag wheel that I want to get rid of. I've read up on the airbag removal... have disconnected the relevant plugs, but I don't see how to remove the unit. The four holes in the back don't seem to have screws in them... I still need to get a little mirror so I can take a better look at stuff like this, but they really don't seem like screws there as someone had decribed for an e39 wheel. I tried both Philips and flathead screwdrivers.

I'm pretty clear on how to remove/install the M-tech but the one I have on the car now is squeaking like a Mother. Want to keep that from happening when I put this other one on... what should I lube? Lithium grease OK?[/url]
Not sure what year yours is 88-89 I assume. My 89 has what looks like four screw holes but nothing there, there is two small holes twoards the center of the wheel back side, it takes a 3 or 4 mm hex key wrench, than a single wire in the bag.

Hope this helps.
SprCpe

1989 635csi # 3268410

Ostatecznym maszyny jazdy BMW