need driver side window motor

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

jlbsam

need driver side window motor

Post by jlbsam »

Help!! I'm looking for a window motor for the driver side on my 81 633. If anyone has one or knows someone with one, I'd like to buy it!
GripGreg

Re: need driver side window motor

Post by GripGreg »

Are you sure it isn't the switch or fuse? :-k
After checking the fuse, you can change the switches around to find if it is or isn't the switch.
Be extra careful when pulling the switch from it's seat. The lower cover might dislodge allowing the wires to
fall out.
Then you'll have to figure out where each wire goes by copying the one that is sill intact. It's sorta tricky.
Ask me how I know? #-o
BMW shoulda put the lower cap fitted to the inside instead of on the outside of the switch body! :roll:
Good luck,,,,Greg
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
jlbsam

Re: need driver side window motor

Post by jlbsam »

GripGreg wrote:Are you sure it isn't the switch or fuse? :-k
After checking the fuse, you can change the switches around to find if it is or isn't the switch.
Be extra careful when pulling the switch from it's seat. The lower cover might dislodge allowing the wires to
fall out.
Then you'll have to figure out where each wire goes by copying the one that is sill intact. It's sorta tricky.
Ask me how I know? #-o
BMW shoulda put the lower cap fitted to the inside instead of on the outside of the switch body! :roll:
Good luck,,,,Greg
turns out the motor is ok, it's the regulator. I have one that I bought from another BC member, so I'm hoping it will work. cross your fingers!