Heating system

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

M6 Dream

Heating system

Post by M6 Dream »

Hello, I am digging deeper and deeper and looks new isses are coming out. Recently I was driving the car at the out-temp 5Celcius and was trying to make proper temperature adjustment inside. Over first 40 minutes warm air was being delivered - upper and bottom warm air ducts at the temperature measured next to air ducts exits at 40 degree celcius. Temperature regulation knob by turning clockwise and counter was not changing the tempeature of worm air. After 40 minutes of drive something happened and then warm air was converted to hot air with temperature at inside duct exits over 60 celcius. before and after fresh air was closed - middle slide and control panel movet to the right. Of course not to be boiled I opened fresh air flow and reduced to zero warm slides upper and bottom. Anyhow the heat to footwell was significant and temperature was very high. Where to start and what I need to verify. I think the temperature control is not warking at all in between the range at all. MIN also is not stopping hot air flow. What does it mean for me how to fix it

I really need help
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Heating system

Post by 86_6series »

Attachments
HeaterFix1.jpg
HeaterFix1.jpg (128.28 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
HeaterFix2.jpg
HeaterFix2.jpg (132.01 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
86-635CSi