inner flocked door seal...reproduction source?

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

inner flocked door seal...reproduction source?

Post by hornhospital »

Some time back (probably 2 years) there was a thread here about someone that was making the inner perimeter door seals with the cloth/flocking on the face. I contacted them and found out they made them for the E30, too, so I gave the information to my friend who then purchased a set for his E30 restoration project. They were great quality and fit, but we damaged one on a subsequent removal and replacement to work on electrical problems in the driver's side kick panel. Here's the problem: I now cannot find the vendor's information, my friend can't find where he bought it, and I can't even find where I got the information here in the first place. We believe the vendor was in the Pacific Northwest. I searched the forum for every connotation of 'door seal' i can think of, and read hundreds of posts about the various door seals, but no hit on a vendor reproducing the seals (except for talk of someone else attempting the same thing).

Cliff's Notes version: Anyone recall who was making reproduction inner door seals with the flocking or cloth cover?
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: inner flocked door seal...reproduction source?

Post by hornhospital »

Wow, lots of looks, but no replies? I thought for sure someone would remember the discussion. Instead:

-crickets-
Ken Kanne
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

Could it be this post.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27609
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

Thanks for looking that up and replying, but it's part 18, the rubber molding that fits _around_ the door opening that's what I'm looking for. BMW still has them for something around $350 each. The PAIR of them from the reproduction maker was about half that. They were excellent quality. It was my own impatience and clumsiness that ruined the one we need to now replace.
Ken Kanne