Question on WINDOWS

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Bostn635csi

Question on WINDOWS

Post by Bostn635csi »

When BMW rolled out the new 8 series in the 90's replacing the 6 series, there was a great feature with the windows. When you open the door, the window would come down maybe 1 inch. When you closed the door, the window would automatically close creating a tight seal... Does anyone know if this feature can be added to our 80's 6 series? I am assuming its a small part within the door. I would love this feature on my 88. Has anyone looked into doing it?
Kevin
1988 BMW 635csi, 5-speed
Lachsilber
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Question on WINDOWS

Post by hornhospital »

Have no idea if anyone has done it, but FYI the coupe and cabriolet E36 came with the same feature. If you intend on gathering the needed parts to try the conversion, the E36s will be a lot easier find in the Pull-A-Part yard than the E31s.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
Ebkenn

Post by Ebkenn »

=D> =D> =D> =D> Thought I was the only one with interest in this feature! Definitely interested, definitely worth it.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

This discussion has come up in the past with smarter minds than I putting forward some very well thought out theories, however I'm not aware of anyone having come up with a working solution.

viewtopic.php?t=25402

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2346