Programa SI Board replacement

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Hartge

Programa SI Board replacement

Post by Hartge »

Hi all,

Before I order the batteryless SI Board from Progama (it will cost me close to $400 Canadian, shipped) is there anyone that can chirp in on their experience with this upgrade, reliability, fit etc?
Replies always appreciated.
Thx,

Iain
Stoffie

Re: Programa SI Board replacement

Post by Stoffie »

I installed one years ago when they were still affordable. Worked fine for a while, then eventually went back to red lights (from all green) which were impossible to reset so never bothered in the knowledge that at least I didn't have to worry about leaking batteries anymore.

Still have a plan to take it out one day and see what's up with it, or even restore the original board with new batteries.
The M88/3 was all about power, no cats. At idle the raw fuel from the exhaust will make your eyes water like an old V-8 powered muscle car's exhaust did.
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

No experience with the Programa board, but I affected my own fix with a removable battery holder. Have a look through my LOCUTUS thread.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
raykoke

Post by raykoke »

Mine was installed in 2011.

I have no SI lights illuminated at all, since then.

Not sure if that is a feature, or not.

Everything else functions correctly.

Cheers,

Ray
'85 ///M635
Hartge

Post by Hartge »

Purchased the Programa board yesterday, see what happens.
Did the remote battery holder years ago however SI lights have been flashing recently even with new batteries.
Getin that board out is a delicate PITA.

Iain.
raykoke

Post by raykoke »

You might want to pre-emptively do your odo gears while it's apart, if they've not been replaced.

Cheers,
'85 ///M635
Hartge

Post by Hartge »

I have looked at them and they seem fine, no teeth missing however a tedious job for another day. One thing you need to remember when resetting the odometer is to do it while the car is not moving.
If it aint broke dont fix it, my nerves are shot dealing with this SI Board (minding the guage needles etc.)
WelshBentleyBoy

Post by WelshBentleyBoy »

I may need to replace my SI board in my 1989 Highline . The only ones I can see on offer are for 1986 models and earlier. Does anybody know the part number I need and where to get one?

Thanks

Paul
Paul
WelshBentleyBoy
Hartge

Post by Hartge »

Check this guy out, he's in the Netherlands.
Progama Boards are in Florida.

Iain.

Date: February 2, 2018 at 1:04:30 AM EST
To: "'Iain Robinson'" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Bedankt voor uw interesse!
Sorry about my lack in communication.

The batteryless board makes the service lights inoperative (also says ”Please note: Because of the batteryless design, the Service Interval function is deleted.”)
We also have the boards with full functionality, they are however $100 more, but will give your car it’s originality back.

Best
Ivo
WelshBentleyBoy

Post by WelshBentleyBoy »

I have changed the batteries in my SI board but the "Oil Service" and "Inspection" orange lights are still on. The green lights work fine and my reset tool will reset them.
I have noticed that the "Oil Service" and "Inspection" vary in intensity and after a 20 mile run yesterday the Oil Service light was off and the Inspection light was fairly dim.
Could it be that the new batteries need time to charge up? My mileage has been very low in the winter months and I have only done about 80 miles in 3 months. Could this be the problem. All other instruments and gauges are working fine.

Paul
Paul
WelshBentleyBoy