Buffalo vs Napa anthracite leather

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Mamod17

Buffalo vs Napa anthracite leather

Post by Mamod17 »

Hi all, I need your opinion. I recently swapped my black sports leather passenger seat to the drivers side, as the existing drivers seat was rooted. I replaced the passengers with a buffalo spare seat I had. So all the seats work well, but the buffalo clearly stands out as different. I now have the opportunity to buy a buffalo set out of a wreck. Typically the driver side is broken but the passwngers seems ok.

Should I a. Convert the entire seat interior to buffalo, giving me four matching seats? b. Hold out for a black sports leather? c. Dye my existing buffalo to match my nappy drivers seat?

All opinions helpful!

Thanks

Mamod17
1980 JPS635csi Group C Tribute
1986 635csi 5speed Alpine White M-Tech Aust Del
2001 325ci Auto Orient Blue

Previous
1988 635csi Auto Zinnerbot
1988 320i Convertible
jjparkz

Re: Buffalo vs Napa anthracite leather

Post by jjparkz »

I'm gonna roll with Buffalo on this one... Especially if you can even find a full set in good condition.

I've got a full Buffalo Nutria interior on my 6 and my friend has a grey Buffalo comfort seats in his turbo e23 (most beautiful interior leather I've ever seen). They look amazing when taken care of, but I gotta admit it's quite a pain to keep them conditioned properly. When taken care of, they only get more beautiful with age and grow character with every scratch, spot, discoloration, etc...

I feel like Napa often wears worse with age, but I guess it's a personal opinion more than anything. I'm happy to scuff up my buffalo, but would hate to scuff napa. Buffalo is also a lot tougher and stronger.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Buffalo vs Napa anthracite leather

Post by bpoliakoff »

Buffalo
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.