Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
My shift knob spins freely on the shaft. I'm not sure if it was designed like this, or there is a mix-up between the knob and shaft on the car. (Knob is for early e24, shaft may be from later model?) I'm hoping someone can identify the problem from the pictures.
- IMG_20180609_090956.jpg (32.47 KiB) Viewed 309 times
- IMG_20180609_090936.jpg (93.96 KiB) Viewed 309 times
- IMG_20180609_090925.jpg (84.19 KiB) Viewed 309 times
- Bigcoupe supporter
- Posts: 2471
- Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:28 pm
- Location: scottsdale, arizona
Knob should have a threaded nylon insert as the knobs screwed on to the lever in the early cars. I have that identical knob on mine. The later car knobs just push on, very, very tightly. You have a lever for a push on and the insert is missing from yours.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests