Mwrench window shade kit

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Jono B good

Mwrench window shade kit

Post by Jono B good »

O.K. I have searched the forum for a few hrs. now to find out how people removed the remaining plastic piece out of the metal rail. I bought a tool pick set, to assist me with this I have removed the end caps but now the remaining plastic, won't budge. Short of heating the crap out it, but don't want to risk melted plastic on my leather seats or rear parcel tray. What did you guys do to get that pesky plastic out of there? I am so close to finishing this now. And I am seriously stuck here....er the plastic is stuck hahahah #-o
~Cirrusblau-Metallic~
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Mwrench window shade kit

Post by GRNSHRK »

I looked at Ed's .PDF (attached), but he claims that the old one just pulls out :-?

http://www.mwrench.com/download/sunshadefix.pdf

Maybe try different diameter drill bits to see if you can extract what's left :-k

Or, get an easy out kit and use the smallest bit, I can't see why this would be so much trouble to get removed =;

BTW, got your PM, hopefully this response will suffice [-o<
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Tommys 89 635

Post by Tommys 89 635 »

The little plastic end caps do come out, it's probably close to an inch long. Some easier then others. Just use pliers and get a firm grip on the end cap and shade itself, it should pull right out. If not may have wiggle it a bit. Easier to do with the shade out of the car of course. Good luck.
Tommy
1989 635 CSI (Second owner since Jun 1995, driven daily and retired in 2013 with 295k to occasional driving)
2011 335D (Daily driver) with 103,550
Jono B good

Post by Jono B good »

When I pulled mine out they broke off and left the plastic bits that were the hook portion inside the metal rod. Thanks for the tip's guys I will drill the remainder out.
~Cirrusblau-Metallic~