OBC Remote Not Working...?

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

clipper47

OBC Remote Not Working...?

Post by clipper47 »

Very minor item to be sure but the remote feature in the turn signal stalk does not change the OBC features as it was intended. I actually didn't even know the car (1985 635CSi) had the feature until I ran the V.I.N. I have never used it in the 8 years I have owned the car so it is not a big deal but I am curious if there is a way to reprogram me the device or if it is most likely a broken wire of faulty switch?
Dave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: OBC Remote Not Working...?

Post by baders »

Hey Dave. Check that the combi switch when operated, is grounding out pin 4 (black wire) on the back of the OBC. If it is not, ground it out with a piece of wire, see what happens.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
clipper47

Post by clipper47 »

OK although getting to that wire will be a challenge. Isn't the OBC a PITA to remove? . Thanks for the advice.
Dave
Hefeweizen

Post by Hefeweizen »

There is also the possibility that the remote on the steering column has been replaced with a turn signal switch (cheaper) that does not have that feature. Does the handle actually move when you press it?
Rainer
03 330Xi (DD)
85 635CSi (RIP 3 May 19)
80 633CSi (Red Euro, Project)

"If you think a good European mechanic is expensive, try a bad one!"
clipper47

Post by clipper47 »

Yes the switch moves in and out and is marked "BC" also so I presume it is corrrect switch. Maybe just a bad contact so when I have an opportunity or really bored I might remove the switch and clean it. The OBC otherwise works as it should.
Dave