Dash Cap Cover Questions

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

VintageRacer

Dash Cap Cover Questions

Post by VintageRacer »

I’m thinking about putting a dash cap on the race car to cover up some of the more nasty cracks. But I have a few questions.

1. Coverlay or Accuform seem to be the two main ones out there. Which one fits better?

2. I don’t have the center cut out thing about the HVAC panel but I do have the coin tray on the right side. That is the coin tray or is the center thing the coin tray?

Thanks
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Dash Cap Cover Questions

Post by bpoliakoff »

Coin tray is actually in the center console. A replacement for the ash tray.You are not really clear on what you are asking. There shouldn't be a cut out in the center of your dash if that is what you are trying to say. Only cut out in the dash should be molded in on the right side
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
VintageRacer

Post by VintageRacer »

Thanks, there appears to be about 4 different part numbers for the covers so just trying to nail down the one I need.
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Be aware it's a bad temporary fix. It will pretty much destroy what ever is left of your original dash . It will look good for a while and then start to badly deteriorate from the sun and take the original with it. When several of the E24 forums were very active back in the day, there were many posts written about this so just be aware.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.