Under front seat subwoofer?

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Under front seat subwoofer?

Post by sharkfan »

Has anyone ever managed to squeeze one of those compact all-in-one active subwoofers under either of the front seats?

There is a recess behind the raised section where the front bolt holes are sited but I was musing whether anyone had ever gone down this route and actually fitted one (or one under each seat!) to their E24?
2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring (1 of 12 rhd)
1997 Alpina B12 5.7 L (1 of 2 rhd)
1995 Alpina B10 4.6 Touring (1 of 1 rhd)
1985 BMW M635CSi (1 of 524 rhd)
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of 100's left from the 1000's made and still valiantly fighting against a rusty grave)
tmoretta

Re: Under front seat subwoofer?

Post by tmoretta »

I have been wondering this too. My M6 with elect. seats seems to have no room under the front seats. Maybe under the rear seats? I would like to add more bass but do not want to be cutting holes in the trunk sheet metal.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

tmoretta wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:16 pm I have been wondering this too. My M6 with elect. seats seems to have no room under the front seats. Maybe under the rear seats? I would like to add more bass but do not want to be cutting holes in the trunk sheet metal.
I've owned several E24s that have had speakers fitted under the rear seats. The grilles are pretty inconspicuous -an ideal location if you ask me!
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Seems to me, located under the seat, too much base will make you itch in all the wrong places!
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

bpoliakoff wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:00 pm Seems to me, located under the seat, too much base will make you itch in all the wrong places!
:lol: :lol: :lol: