Best phone music app.

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Best phone music app.

Post by olympia57 »

I used an old Goodmans radio cassette HU with aux in function with very good results .
The difficulty I experienced was that when playing off my phone the app used had a very small control panel when in play mode on screen .
This made selection and control almost impossible whilst driving resulting in me changing for a period looking Kenwood with USB facility .
Now the problem is similar in that track or album selection is very push buttony on pinheads :roll: .... rendering change whilst driving virtually impossible .
Deja vu :(
The new Kenwood is , surprisingly , not a country mile better than the Goodmans which is not a bad reflection on the Kenwood but more an accolade on the Goodmans so I am now looking for a better music app for my phone that retains a full screen control panel for < play/stop and > .
I've had a quick look on line but so far have not found anything but prior to looking deeper later thought I'd ask if any of you have encountered the same problem and if so what app are you using .
Thanks
Don
1981 635 series 1
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Best phone music app.

Post by Da_Hose »

Does it need to be an app? Would a physical button do? I used the controls below with an Android stereo upgrade in my Saturn.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Wire ... SwIF5cnEMi

If your new stereo accepts controls, you could mount the little pods anywhere. They aren't lit, but you could put them somewhere that the dash lights illuminate, or add some led's to shine on them.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car