Sunvisor vanity mirror

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

bigboystoy

Sunvisor vanity mirror

Post by bigboystoy »

Whilst driving around today, the better half pulled down the passenger sunvisor and the vanity mirror fell out but only to the length of a wire. At this point we discovered the mirror may have had a light but no switch was found.

After getting home, a second wire was discovered but it was not attached.

So, where does the wire attach to the mirror and how does the light operate. I tested the wire but it is neither positive or negative so I'm guessing its not attached.
vanity.jpg
vanity.jpg (54.94 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
Past toys:
1979 Volvo282GT
1988 Porsche 944S
Current toy:
1986 635 CSi
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Sunvisor vanity mirror

Post by Pod »

There are wires behind the headlining. To the mounting plate of the visor and the retaining clip by the overtaking mirror. When the visor is rotated, a contact patch on the clip meets with one on the visor which makes the connection. A five-minute job to remove the visor and clip (three- and two cross head plated screws) and test the connections.
bigboystoy

Re: Sunvisor vanity mirror

Post by bigboystoy »

Pod, thanks for replying.

The wire I have the arrow pointing too is the major issue as I'm guessing it needs to go into the mirror, but this seems to be a sealed unit (no screws) so not sure what to do. I haven't looked at the car since I posted but the removal of the visor is on the winter list of things to do. :D
Past toys:
1979 Volvo282GT
1988 Porsche 944S
Current toy:
1986 635 CSi