Speaker pods - how are the two parts connected?

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Candycj1

Speaker pods - how are the two parts connected?

Post by Candycj1 »

hi all - I took the shelf and pods out for a retrim / spray - the two sections of the pod (the bit that houses the speaker and the bit that covers the back of the headrests) were held together (loosely) by two s-shaped brackets. Having had the two parts separately restored I’m trying to figure out how they’re supposed to connect together as this doesn’t look right - anyone any tips? The rear section has two clips that go into a slot in the shelf which suggests they pivot down as they’re bing fitted but if that’s the case I can’t see how the front section could be joined to them at the time as the bolts on them that go into the rear panel wouldn’t angle be right way. It almost looks like the front bit should go in first, then the rear pivot in and clip on top - but I’m sure they’re meant to go in as one...?
Candycj1

Re: Speaker pods - how are the two parts connected?

Post by Candycj1 »

For others’ benefit it does seem like they do simply screw together using just these two brackets - doesn’t hold the two sections together as rigidly as I’d expected though keeps them together and allows enough flex to get the bolts for the front section down through the back of the cockpit. Looks much better having re-glued the covers, resprayed them and refitted (with a bit of trimming) the 6*9 speakers fitted under them - will post some pics ASAP...