electric seat issue - one side only

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Candycj1

electric seat issue - one side only

Post by Candycj1 »

Every time I think I take a step forward something else comes up. As per the parts wanted ad, I 'fixed' my headrests yesterday, or rather found the driver side is missing part of the gearbox (hence the ad), but fixed the passenger side by trimming the cable sheath back - after which everything seemed to be working fine. Got in this morning though and newly fixed passenger side is dead. Bolster switch works, but not recline, fore/aft nor the newly fixed headrest. Checked fuses 26 & 10, both fine. Driver side working fine. Any clues? Have cleaned up the switch itself (and swapped them round) but no good. Could it be the plugs under the seat (though can't understand why it was working fine yesterday but not today) or is there another fuse somewhere? I did see an old post elsewhere on the forum from 10 years ago where someone had the same issue - other than the fuses no fix mentioned though...
Candycj1

Re: electric seat issue - one side only

Post by Candycj1 »

Phew - delighted to report this was just one of the connectors under the seat not being plugged in firmly - I think consequently when moving the seat fully forward it stressed the cable just enough to break the connection.

All good on the passenger side now - the recline motors make a lot more noise than the others so may need inspecting and greasing another time but all working.

Now - anyone got the spare I need for the driver side or am I off to wally and Nessie again?