Power seat

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

tmoretta

Power seat

Post by tmoretta »

Does the power seat controler (box under driver's seat) from my M6 have replaceable relays etc? The seat back will not tilt forwartd but I hear what sounds like a relay clicking below the seat. Also, is the controler under the pass. seat the same part?
tmoretta

Re: Power seat

Post by tmoretta »

Just dawned on me that this car has driver side power memory seat. So I guess the passenger side controler must be different. I would love to find some electronic tech. that could check the driv. side unit for faults etc.
plip1953

Post by plip1953 »

I seem to recall that whenever an adjustable element is at the fullest extent of its travel and you press the control button it will click. I can't say for sure, but I think the click comes from the motor unit itself rather than a relay. What this implies in your case is difficult to gauge, but is it possible that there could be a physical obstacle preventing movement. If that isn't the case I would be looking to remove the relevant motor unit, test it on the bench and go from there.
Phil

1988 Highline 635 CSi
tmoretta

Post by tmoretta »

Well the seatback is in mid position - not end of travel limit. The mechanism did work properly just one time yesteday then just a click again. Anyone have experience with G7computers?
tmoretta

Post by tmoretta »

G7 computers did a great job for me. They found a fault in the power seat control module and repaired. Great service professional and prompt.