Toolkit Spanners NLA?

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Toolkit Spanners NLA?

Post by wattsmonkey »

Steve at Classic Bahnstormers tells me that most of the toolkit is now NLA from the dealer - no spanners available, but channel lock pliers still there, including the big ones that actually fill the lid properly (which I haven't got - my car, like lots I've seen/owned has the smaller ones).

I know the screwdrivers in green or red have been sought after for ages; I wonder if the rest of the kit is going the same way.

Apologies if this is old news,

Rob
"Most of it necessary; all of it enjoyable." LJKS
'84 635CSi, dogleg...itbs and supercharger????? Eaton Mess
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Toolkit Spanners NLA?

Post by bpoliakoff »

If you are anal those spanners weren't correct in that the markings said made in Germany rather than West Germany. The real good spanners I have been selling when I put complete kits together also have BMW forged into the shanks. Replacement green handled screwdrivers are available at least the large one, but don't get fooled. The handle shape is different and they won't fit the slot. I believe the small,ones they are making available are grey handled like in the 2002 series and E30s
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.