Replacing/repairing rear jacking points

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

UKDaveJ

Replacing/repairing rear jacking points

Post by UKDaveJ »

Anyone got any suggestions for this job?

Replacement seems to make most sense, but I'm not sure whether you can still get the original steel jacking points as a repair section?

I'm not a welder, so would have to enlist the services of a competent body-shop!

Thanks in advance,
Dave 8)
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

Dave,
get yourself a welding set (a little CO2/MIG set will be fine) an angle grinder, and learn to use them. Its not difficult, and it'll change your life- amazing at less than 150 quid new.....

Free yourself from other people's bodged-up/overpriced repair work.....

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

Brucey wrote:Dave,
get yourself a welding set (a little CO2/MIG set will be fine) an angle grinder, and learn to use them. Its not difficult, and it'll change your life- amazing at less than 150 quid new.....

Free yourself from other people's bodged-up/overpriced repair work.....

cheers
That sounds like good advice there Brucey, all I need now is to gain the confidence to start attacking my own cars.....!
I already have an angle grinder, so just the welder then, oh & somewhere that sells confidence!!! :wink:

I more than agree about avoiding bodgers at silly money.
Ta
Dave :)
carrie

Post by carrie »

dave get some sheet metal and practice on it first also you can get books on welding to let you know what a good weld looks like!!

have you got an mot comming up by any chance :wink:
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

carrie wrote:dave get some sheet metal and practice on it first also you can get books on welding to let you know what a good weld looks like!!

have you got an mot comming up by any chance :wink:
Thanks Carrie! Actually TWO MOT's, my 6'ers!
:shock: :cry: Ta
Dave