Have started spring cleaning the six...

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sohlman

Have started spring cleaning the six...

Post by sohlman »

After a winter of abuse from salted roads and having the car cleaned a number of times by the latvian local car wash i though it was time to clean down the paintwork and apply lots of wax.

Yesterday evening i spent the best part of 2 hours clay barring the car with the Meguires quick detailer and bar. This has taken all the deposites of tar, salt and grime off the paint. I Then applied a libral layer of NXT as a temporary measure untill i get a chance to properly clean the paint.

If the weather is good this weekend i plan to body scub the paint and get rid of all the hairline polishing scratches. Once this is done i will polish the paint, followed by applying a couple of layers of wax. I had the engine steam cleaned last week and plan to steam clean the underside of the car followed by rustproofing and waxoiling all the underneath. Then i will concentrate on the chrome. I hope to have this all polished and waxed for protection.

Then the last job will be to clean the carpets, clean the vinyl and leather and then add lots and lots of Liquid Leather to the seats. I have two weeks to get the car ready for one of my meetings followed by the Spring National show at Coventry.

My problems is that i am very busy with work at the moment so have to do it in two hour chuncks rather than one weekend.

Sorry about this post, i am just woffling to myself for no aparanent reason. I will end it here.
James
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Spring National show at Coventry.
When ? Where ? How much ?

Sounds like you're going to be busy detailing for the weeks ahead - I have to say I don't envy that level of workload :shock: - good job my cars don't reach that show-level condition :oops:
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

24th of this month (April) at Stoneleigh Warrickshire. I think entry is around ?6.

As for my car being show condition. It is not. It is however in very good condition, but as i use mine everyday it picks up the odd mark. Therefore when i am at a show i have to work harder to make my car look as good as the 500 mile a year garaged cars.

The cars has done 850 miles in the last 5 days.
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Any volunteers to take out the layers of accumulated hay and horse manure from the inside of my Six :?: :wink: