Polish & body beautiful car products - whats good or bad

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

UKDaveJ

Polish & body beautiful car products - whats good or bad

Post by UKDaveJ »

As most of us know, there is literally an endless choice of products to tempt money from our pockets when its comes to beautifying our cars! :roll:

So, with this post I'm hoping that 'polishers' will share their 'shine' secrets, products used, short-cuts etc. :D

I have to confess to being one of those people who looks forward to polishing my cars like a condemned man looks forward to the gallows........ :evil:

If I've polished a car more than a couple of times in the last 10 yrs then I don't remember - polishing is a ball-ache in my book & something not really for me!

But, I polished my Highline at the weekend & was most impressed with the results, however it seemed to take ages, what with washing the car (thoroughly...), drying it, applying litres of polish (or so it seemed) & with all that elbow grease I ended up having wrists like a teenage boys' by the end...... :wink: :lol:

I used Autoglum stuff, 'super resin polish' & thought it was quite good, but its so easy to get used to one product type over time I would guess. So, what else should one try?
Meguiars product brochure looks very impressive, but would require a small mortgage to buy all of it!! Autoglym is similar....

Whats in your 'polishing up' & car beautifying kit?

Dave :)
horsetan

In my polishing kit....

Post by horsetan »

...there's Meguiars....

....errm.... that's it.
feck

Post by feck »

Meguiars :wink: . Used to use RaceGlaze, very good stuff but mail order only.

http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/
jrcalvin

Post by jrcalvin »

I have been using Zymol for about 15 years. You have to buy the good Zymol mail order. It may seem a little expensive but a small amount goes a long way. So overall I don't think it is that expensive.

One of the main reasons I prefer Zymol is that it leaves NO white wax residue. I don't get a kick out of washing and waxing cars but it is even worse when you have spend more time cleaning up the while wax residue after wxing the car. Zymol can get in cracks, on rubber trim, plastic, etc and it leaves no white residue.

The pre-wax Zymol HD Cleanse cleaner also does a very nice job of brightening up the paint before waxing.

john
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

On the infrequent occasions that I've bothered, I've used Autoglym products (if it is good enough for Aston Martin etc...) with no complaints, but not having tried everything on the market I wouldn't swear theat they are the best by any means.

I think the best polish will vary with the type of paint you have, and its basic condition.

I used to use wash'n'wax (on metallic finishes with a clear coat, a real time saver), until I realised that when it got on your brakes (and it was impossible to avoid this) it produced severe and long-lasting brake judder unless I used very abrasive brake pads.

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~