...H1 and H4 connectors

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

BlueShark

...H1 and H4 connectors

Post by BlueShark »

:twisted: ..Could someone help me find an aftermarket replacement connector(s) for my headlights. Rewired front harness and the originals are not up tp par to handle the 12 gauge wire....I had seen a set of white solid pieces installed on an audi, but no mention of company, nor part number was in the write up..........thanx
dave :twisted:
horsetan

Re: ...H1 and H4 connectors

Post by horsetan »

BlueShark wrote::twisted: ..Could someone help me find an aftermarket replacement connector(s) for my headlights. Rewired front harness and the originals are not up tp par to handle the 12 gauge wire....I had seen a set of white solid pieces installed on an audi, but no mention of company, nor part number was in the write up..........thanx
dave :twisted:
Could you post a couple of pics of what you've done so far, please :?:

As you know, H1 bulbs have a single spade-contact. H4 have three spades....
BlueShark

...pics

Post by BlueShark »

.....Indeed i am completly aware of the different bulb connections. A thanx to whoever recommended Dan Stern for parts!. He hooked me up, and stuff
should arrive shortly..Probably leaning toward the Cibie' line of lenses. Great products i'm told. As for bubs, uncertain. Its an ongoing project anyway. One turn at a time!

To answer your question, i do not have a digi(more money for bike and car parts!) so i cant post any shots of work, sorry....What is it you wanted to see?.........

cheers
horsetan

Re: ...pics

Post by horsetan »

BlueShark wrote:.....What is it you wanted to see?.........
I just wanted to see the state of your headlamp wiring as it is.....
BlueShark

Post by BlueShark »

......Any particular reason why? :?:
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

BlueShark wrote:......Any particular reason why? :?:
Mainly to do with your original question re: connectors......

On the other hand, it seems you've already had the problem solved, so perhaps I don't need to see 'em now :!: :roll: :wink:
BlueShark

Post by BlueShark »

:twisted: Ahh, i see. Well man, if you have any questions or comments dont be afraid to ask!. This is not the first headlight harness i have done(harness period), but it is the first BMW one i have encountered. I am new to the brand and am certainly glad there is a lot of good guys online willing to help and share info, so iam inclined to do the same.......

The swap was modeled after "Pattersons" page with some modifications and changes. I like to do things my way! :twisted: lol. But like i say hats off to him for throwing together a good writeup......i would love to showcase some of my own projects here too, but alas no digi. Anyone willing to send me one(mac compatible) i would gladly take all the shots they want!! haha
cheers
P.S., anyone looking for a set of csi seats?(full power/heated) need to be releathered, but all controls work exellent!