Sunroof steel panel - need one!

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

UKDaveJ

Sunroof steel panel - need one!

Post by UKDaveJ »

I'll also put this in car/parts wanted......

Mine is very rusty on the inside & has caused a few spots to start coming through on the outside, so ideally a 'new' lid would be best.

My Highline is due to go in for a few bits of bodywork shortly, so I want to give a 'new' lid to the painter, whilst he's doing the rest. Then I can change it in my own time, without leaving the car devoid of roof panel.....!

Dave
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Why not be different and see if you can find a glass "moonroof" instead :?:
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

horsetan wrote:Why not be different and see if you can find a glass "moonroof" instead :?:
Not a bad idea, I think Sharkfan 'slid' this issue in front of us some time ago, I remember the topic 'raised' quite a lot of interest.....

If anyone doesn't come back on this one, I'll have to hope that Fritz will have one in stock.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

sunroof

Post by ron »

Hi Dave, I've got a spare.I'll check it out tomorrow and get back to you.Regds.
UKDaveJ

Re: sunroof

Post by UKDaveJ »

ron wrote:Hi Dave, I've got a spare.I'll check it out tomorrow and get back to you.Regds.
Ron you are a star!
Its almost certainly repairable, but I'd be much happier with a 'new' good one - I might even use the 'old' one as a pattern to try & get a glass one made - reckon there are a few potential buyers on here.......? :D
joe

moon roof

Post by joe »

hi dave,
wouldn't a glass sunroof from an e28 do instead of getting one taylor made, i bet one of the leicester lads would no where you could get one

later joe
horsetan

Re: moon roof

Post by horsetan »

joe wrote:... wouldn't a glass sunroof from an e28 do instead of getting one taylor made, i bet one of the leicester lads would no where you could get one....
Here, for a start :lol:
joe

comic

Post by joe »

nice one ivan

later
horsetan

Re: comic

Post by horsetan »

joe wrote:nice one ivan
Funnily enough, one E28 glass panel DID turn up on e-Bay a couple of weeks ago. Think one of the E23 Seven enthusiasts snapped it up in the end....
joe

moon roof

Post by joe »

do you think all the roofs in that era are the same size

later
horsetan

Re: moon roof

Post by horsetan »

joe wrote:do you think all the roofs in that era are the same size
This is something that did occur to me.

The E23 group on the BMW Car Club GB Forum speculated that it would be a direct fit. Not sure what happened after that.....
joe

moonroof

Post by joe »

i cant imagine bmw re-tooling for different models due to costs, im sure many manufacturers follow this trate.

later
horsetan

Re: moonroof

Post by horsetan »

joe wrote:i cant imagine bmw re-tooling for different models due to costs...
True. Wonder what it would cost to incorporate solar panels in the glass.....
joe

free energy

Post by joe »

to hard and expensive, get a wind generater stuck on the boot for more power, :D :D

right im going to my bed

good night
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Have I got a short circuit or did I read a thread somewhere -that mentioned some compatibility between 6er sunroofs and contemporary SAAB (99, 900 ???) sunroofs?

It may be a short circuit.......... :oops: ......I am getting on a bit :lol:

Sharkfan (Miami bound 8) )