Window Seals

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Kaotiq635

Window Seals

Post by Kaotiq635 »

Have a lot of wind noise, have got used to it up to about 110km/h, but erm um on a private road it gets very loud :).

I think its the window seals, they are cracked in places and that seems to be the source of the noise.

Ideas for sources ?

Is it a DIY job or should I buy the parts & find someone to fit them ?

Thanks,
Iain.
SIX35

Re: Window Seals

Post by SIX35 »

Kaotiq635 wrote:Have a lot of wind noise, have got used to it up to about 110km/h, but erm um on a private road it gets very loud :).

I think its the window seals, they are cracked in places and that seems to be the source of the noise.

Ideas for sources ?

Is it a DIY job or should I buy the parts & find someone to fit them ?

Thanks,
Iain.
Iain, hope you are 100% sure the seals are the cause of the noise.
You could try to cover the seals with a strip of tape and close the "gaps""
to see if this makes a difference.
The window seals are hard to find in good used shape and rarely offered on Ebay (but what can you expect then.. :roll: )
I was not able to find good used ones or find someone to custom fabricate them so was forced to buy OEM.
Prices are really rediculous :shock: :evil: since they only can be delivered including the chrome pieces but must admit the new ones really make a difference.

Do not throw the old ones away or sell prior taking the old small seals off since BMW does seem to have forgotten to fabricate the small rubber strips at the end of the chrome pieces (below the mirrors) and those are not in stock so remove them first.