alpina passions

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Feck, it didn't take you long to get going, did it :?: :shock: :lol:
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

jrcalvin wrote:...Even the 1988-1989 "universal bumper" cars need a 1983-1987 628csi valence in order to attach the Alpina Type 658 spoiler to....
That's ludicrous :!:
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

horsetan wrote:Feck, it didn't take you long to get going, did it :?: :shock: :lol:
It is that I have hurry 8) ,but from here it is going to be mas slowly :roll:
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

I believe that cutting what exceeds in the original spoiler, it is possible to stay well.Then it joins quite and makes up of the same color and is not obvious at all. :roll:
jrcalvin

Post by jrcalvin »

You can see fron Jose coy's photos that the Alpina spoiler does not fit on top of the 635 spoiler! I think he will now buy the 628csi bumper/valence, assembly, add the alpina spoiler, paint it all to match, buy all new black 628csi rubber pieces (different part numers than 635csi rubber pieces) , assemble together with using the 3 old chrome trim pieces and then re-assemble the entire assembly back on the car. Now he will be done.

I can see that his "Alpina Passions" run deep as he is getting it all done. MyAlpina spoilers just sit in the boxes. Nothing getting done.

Jose Coy...why not just buy the genuine Alpina B7 or B9 3.5?

john

Yes, I have been asked the same question!!!!
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

jrcalvin wrote:You can see fron Jose coy's photos that the Alpina spoiler does not fit on top of the 635 spoiler! I think he will now buy the 628csi bumper/valence, assembly, add the alpina spoiler, paint it all to match, buy all new black 628csi rubber pieces (different part numers than 635csi rubber pieces) , assemble together with using the 3 old chrome trim pieces and then re-assemble the entire assembly back on the car.
I think he will do it the hard way and try and blend the Alpina airdam into the 635 one....
I can see that his "Alpina Passions" run deep as he is getting it all done. MyAlpina spoilers just sit in the boxes. Nothing getting done.
Story of my life :roll:
Jose Coy...why not just buy the genuine Alpina B7 or B9 3.5?
Maybe he hasn't found one yet :!:
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

jrcalvin wrote: Jose Coy...why not just buy the genuine Alpina B7 or B9 3.5?

john

Yes, I have been asked the same question!!!!
I do not discard it in a future... :roll:
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

8)
Already this ended.this rectified a bit the original spoiler and it has could only enough well.Now to painting it.
jrcalvin,I recommend to try with the original spoiler before buying the spoiler of 628.
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

There. I told you Jose would do it the hard way! :lol:
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

horsetan

Post by horsetan »

josecoy wrote:Image
There's no stoppin' ye :!:
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

Hello again.Today this one painted and mounted the original spoiler once cut to connect Alpina frontspoiler when they finish of painting it.Already I lack it less :roll:
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

Here this one though the complete sticker is absent. :D
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

There's no stopping you, is there :?: :roll:
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

I dont understand horsetan... :roll:
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

josecoy wrote:I dont understand horsetan... :roll:
All you need now is confirmation from the Alpina tuning house that you have created a perfect replica :lol: They might even give you a genuine certificate :!: :lol:
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

I see it a bit difficult :?
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

:D
bfons

Post by bfons »

josecoy wrote::D
Hmm....that spoiler would sure look good on my M635...

"evil grin and $$$ signs dance through Brian's head"
Brian

-----------------------
1984 Graphite M635 - Project Graphite - Sold
1985 Polaris M635 - Polaris - Sold
1987 L6 Black/Lotus White - My Queen has a new home
1980 633csi - Gone but not forgotten
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

bfons wrote:...."evil grin and $$$ signs dance through Brian's head"
.....particularly the $$$ signs.... :shock: :(
jrcalvin

Post by jrcalvin »

Jose, it looks very, very good. How about a front photo and a side photo? I think I will just buy the whole Alpina car now and forget about adding any more Alpina parts.
bfons

Post by bfons »

I agree! That is one fine looking Sixer.

JR,

I assume an Alpina spoiler would fit the M635 without a problem. Am I correct? 8)
Brian

-----------------------
1984 Graphite M635 - Project Graphite - Sold
1985 Polaris M635 - Polaris - Sold
1987 L6 Black/Lotus White - My Queen has a new home
1980 633csi - Gone but not forgotten
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

We go on parts:
1-To put Alpina with the spoiler of bmw 635,It is necessary to cut in the part of below and in the sides.I believe that with the spoiler of bmw M635 is identical (indicate in the photo in red color).
2-The alpina mounted with the spoiler of bmw 635 csi remains mounted a couple of centimeters ahead(forward) that with the original spolier of 628,and this means that in the lateral zone of the spoiler alpina,It does not fit exactly with the end of the metallic bumper, but one does not see ugly.
3-It is necessary to put a few platens to hook the central zone of the alpina with the original spoiler as I indicate in the photo in yellow color.
4-Finally it is necessary to extract a bit the beacons for the fog.
5-When it has very money, then I will buy the original spoiler for 628 and will install it correctly :roll: .+ o - 1000 euros + the painted :oops: ... but the truth that has stayed enough good
jrcalvin

Post by jrcalvin »

I think you gather from Jose's comment that the alpina spoiler does NOT fit the M635 without the exact same re-work that Jose has done -which looks nice!

The advantage of acquiring the correct 628csi bumper for the Alpina spoiler fitment is that you would have a complete M635 bumper/spoiler assembly for resale of re-fitting if ever desired.
josecoy

Post by josecoy »

I believe that it does not fit ... but not sure since I have not seen it.Surely it is necessary to cut it like I have made I.Surely the part of below(down) if it is necessary to cut.