Bodywork repairs on my '89 Highline

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

UKDaveJ

Thanks for your thoughts mate!

Post by UKDaveJ »

SIX35 wrote:
UKDaveJ wrote: What do you reckon about stripes or not side stripes?
Again, I'm in two minds....... :roll: :lol:
D :D
I chose not to replace them since i thought my car allready has enough black details and the black striping really makes a difference. They make the car somewhat "smaller".
To my opinion your car allready has enough chrome and silver details and simply does not need any more. It looks great this way! 8)
Thanks for that!

Just got to check whether the stripes on the doors are lacquered over or not....! Hopefully they are NOT.

Your sig image is not displaying btw!

D :D
joe

daves beauty

Post by joe »

hi dave, looks real nice fair play to you.

later joe
UKDaveJ

Re: daves beauty

Post by UKDaveJ »

joe wrote:hi dave, looks real nice fair play to you.

later joe
Cheers Joe! :D

Still a long way from immaculate, but I'm happy with it & won't panic every time I park in a busy car park!

De-striped it as well today, looks much better IMHO.

D 8)
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Dave,

That cars looking real nice 8) , it's a credit to all the hard work you've put in, top marks :D :D - it makes me a little ashamed I haven't done quite so much on my pair :oops:

Sharkfan
UKDaveJ

Cheers mate!! Nice to see your 'old' car again?!!

Post by UKDaveJ »

sharkfan wrote:Dave,

That cars looking real nice 8) , it's a credit to all the hard work you've put in, top marks :D :D - it makes me a little ashamed I haven't done quite so much on my pair :oops:
Sharkfan
You are being TOO kind mate! Yours are great from what I recall. :D
And, hardly tatty! However I do appreciate your comments, the car really deserved having these things done & draws admiring glances everywhere I go in it.

I've more to do, but with all things unless you are a rich fanatic then there are certain compromises that inevitably have to be made.

I need to get the leather re-connolised in the front, wheels refurbed & a host of more minor bits n pieces done, but thats all part of the ownership fun don't you think!

The chrome trim really needs replacing, but I havn't even looked at a price, I'm sure it would make my eyes severely water!!

I've got to work a program for the green6 as well, 'tho have a feeling the head-gasket has gone on that, so guess thats going to be another 'first-time' DIY job!! My head says its going to cost a lot to get the bodywork up to standard, but my heart wants to do it & the car deserves it IMHO!!
Its an unusual colour, doesn't owe me much, has a sub 100k engine & its part of the fun of keeping these ever-rarer cars on the road.
Its also (still an auto) a totally different car to drive compared with the Highline.

The family only want me to keep one - the Highline. I like them both!!

I honestly believe E12/24's will only go up in value, especially if the bodywork is kept on top of.

Cheers,
Dave :D