shark arches

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sean wicks

shark arches

Post by sean wicks »

hello im new to sharks could anyone tell meif the shark comes with wheel arch trims,ie m tech? or high line? ihave a 1986 white shark and would like to fit some if possible but not a fan of the chrome type.thankyou best wishes sean
bfons

Post by bfons »

Personally, I have only seen the chrome ones.
Brian

-----------------------
1984 Graphite M635 - Project Graphite - Sold
1985 Polaris M635 - Polaris - Sold
1987 L6 Black/Lotus White - My Queen has a new home
1980 633csi - Gone but not forgotten
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

you could fit those from the 'M' car (originally with 415 wheel option). However if you don't have the wheels to match (ie. sticking out a bit more) it won't look right....

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
jrcalvin

Post by jrcalvin »

Brucey could be right on the 415mm rims sticking a little further out or maybe they are just another of the multitude of options offered to European buyers. Actually, the M635 wheel arches (usually painted to match body color) do not stick out much further the the normal 635 flare/arch. I have a set of brand new-in-box m635 wheels arches but I am still debating whether they will add much additional flare to the car so I haven't installed them.

john
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

jrcalvin wrote:...I have a set of brand new-in-box m635 wheels arches but I am still debating whether they will add much additional flare to the car so I haven't installed them.
Do let us know if they become surplus to your requirements. I've got a set of 8x17 M5 alloys sitting here.... :wink:
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

I ran my 1982 635 (without wheelarch extensions) with the 415 TRX's and it looked perfectly ok. The other thing with arch extensions is that I think there are subtle differences between the arches for the chrome bumper cars and those for the later Euro/US bumper models - the bumper and trim heights are margionally different leading to differences with the arches.

When I get my style 32's back from the refurbisher (this week :D :D ) they or the style 5's currently on my M635 will go on the 635 - I'llhave to try and post some pics of those 9inch 255 rears without arch extensions :shock:

HTH,

Sharkfan.
sean wicks

Post by sean wicks »

thankyou guys for your replies!!!!! hope fully done a deal on a set of m tech arches for my great :D white shark.....
sean wicks

Post by sean wicks »

thankyou for your replies. i have just bought a brand new set of m tech arches for my (great white shark) from a fellow member.john calvin...thanks john :wink: